Volleyball 20% Project – Week 2

Hello again, my name is Hailey and for my 20% project this week, I finished learning how to spike and set a ball on my lawn today with the help of my dad who is going to be my mentor for my 20% project in volleyball. This week my goal was to spike the volleyball and to learn how to set properly, I accomplished that goal and and also learned the steps that I needed to do with my feet, stance, and where the ball needs to land; my palm. I found online how to set properly and what my fingers and hands need to go and if I should throw or flick the ball. Some struggles I had while learning volleyball were trying to get the ball in the right place of my hand and in the air because you almost need the height of your whole arm to get the perfect spike. So far, I have learned that learning volleyball is such an amazing sport and so fun to play against people and compete for medals and goals in your life. Next week I want to try and get 20 bumps with setting and bumping so I can get better at aiming with the ball. I’m so glad I chose volleyball for my 20% project. Thanks for reading this blog, see you next week!!!